Notice of Public Meetings for Proposed Recycling and Residual Waste Centre
Clear Waste Disposal Bags only (Frequently Asked Questions) .
- Untagged garbage will not be collected.
- Garbage containers shall weigh no more than 45 pounds. One sticker per container (80 litres or 18 gallons) or box (1.0 m or 40 inches maximum).
- Garbage bags shall weigh no more than 45 pounds (20kg) and be no larger than a standard size bag (26"x36").
- BOTH ENDS OF THE GARBAGE STICKER MUST BE VISIBLE.
- Blue box recyclables and compostable yard wastes are not acceptable as regular garbage.
- Large items (couches, mattresses or appliances) require 2 stickers. White goods (appliances) must be tagged 'freon free' and sofa beds must be tied!
- No electronic waste (Computers, Fax Machines, etc.)
- Recycling and Garbage must be curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your designated collection day to guarantee pick-up.
- The Town of Goderich accepts no responsibility for stickers lost or removed from garbage bags or containers.
Download the Town of Goderich Waste and Recycling Schedule.
My-Waste App (FREE) - have the waste and recycling schedule at your fingertips
Garbage Stickers are available at the following locations:
- Town Hall, West Street
- Art's Landscaping, Bennett Street East
- Bluewater Cleaners, West Street
- Winks, Victoria Street South
- Goderich Gas & Car Wash, Bayfield Road
- Goderich Smoke & Video, Huron Road
- Suncoast Variety, Suncoast Drive East
- Beckers, Victoria Street North
- Food Basics, Bayfield Road
- Giant Tiger, South Street
- Canadian Tire Gas Bar, Huron Road
Items banned from curbside garbage collection:
- Recyclables will be collected at curbside by the Bluewater Recycling Association.
- White goods (appliances) tagged 'freon free' with two stickers can be put out on garbage day to be picked up by town staff.
- Construction Materials will not be accepted.
- Hazardous Waste
- Electronic Waste (computers, TV's, Printers)
- Yard Waste
Mid Huron Landfill Site Hour of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Current Fee Schedule
Clear Waste Disposal Bags Only!
The County of Huron
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Depot
What is Household Hazardous Waste?
Households may require the use of products containing hazardous materials. These products can be collected at the local mobile facility to help protect groundwater, conserve resources, and save landfill capacity.
Acceptable Hazardous Waste Includes the Following Items:
- Latex and oil paints
- Finishing products (glues & varnishes)
- Motor oils & lubricants
- Gasoline - the container is not returned to you
- Batteries - auto & household
- Pressurized tanks & cylinders
- Cleaners (bleach, oven cleaner, waxes, etc.)
- Aerosol sprays
- Solvents (degreaser, paint thinner, etc.)
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Pool and photographic chemicals
- Fluorescent lighting tubes and bulbs
- Light fuels
Wastes excluded from collection:
. Industrial wastes
. Radioactive material
. Pathological & hospital wastes
The Hazardous Waste Depot is located at the Mid Huron Landfill, the operating hours are the same as Landfill. All Huron County residents welcome.
For more information, call The Huron County Planning & Development Department
(519) 524-8394 or visit WWW.HURONCOUNTY.CA/PLANDEV/WASTEMAN.PHP
Yard Waste Collection Depot
Located at the Public Works Yard on Cambridge Street.
Weather permitting, the Yard Waste Depot will open April 8th through to November, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm and Saturday 9am to 12 noon.
Acceptable items included:
- Garden Waste
- Twigs (Less then 1 meter in length and 2cm in diameter).
- Spring and Fall yard cleanup.
- No Plastic, Garbage, Stumps, Trees or Branches.
- Mid Huron Landfill will take all yard waste (including trees) for a fee of $85 per tonne with a minimum fee of $10.00. Hours of operation are 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Saturday from 8:00am to 12:00 noon. Phone 519-482-7668.
- No Yard Waste collection days.
- Leaf pickup in the Fall - no bags