Goderich Municipal Childcare Centre welcomes your child to a warm, caring, enthusiastic and respectful atmosphere.
Our philosophy is to provide your child with many enjoyable moments of fun, learning and companionship in a stimulating environment.
We see our program as an opportunity for your child to develop socially, physically, emotionally, and intellectually. Your child along with other children will learn respect for people, their environment and themselves. We are an inclusive Childcare Centre and believe that all children learn freedom of expression through play, artwork and music.
Our program provides many areas of interaction to help promote our philosophy. Our program includes;
- Outdoor play
- Freeplay in the classrooms and in our gym
- Story time
- Circle time
- Dramatic play
- Nutritious snack
- Hot meals
- Rest periods
We offer many different areas of dramatic play where children are encouraged to express themselves by using their imagination.
We offer sensory, science activities, literacy activities, numeracy activities, word recognition and preparation to help make Kindergarten a success.
Sharing, taking turns as well as tidying up is an important part of the every day activities. Best Start program is delivered at the local school and works collaboratively with the Kindergarten program.
Circle time involves story, songs, games and conversation. Children learn turn taking and respecting others, while contributing in a group experience.
We are an inclusive Childcare Centre and offer an environment in which children with special needs may develop to their maximum potential. We have access to the Growing Together Program to help with specialized programming.
We are also an outreach program for Small Talk (Speech & Language) Thames Valley Children's Centre (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy).
Application forms may be picked up at the Childcare Centre.
The Centre operates with Qualified Early Childhood Educators. Email us
Goderich Municipal Childcare Centre
376 Cambridge Street
Goderich, Ontario N7A 2Z1
Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Infants: 3 months to 18 months
- Toddlers: 18 months to 2 1/2 years
- Preschool: 2 1/2 yrs to 6 years
- Nursery School Program
GODERICH EARLY YEARS SATELLITE SERVICE
- Mondays at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Baby Time at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursdays at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Fridays at the Goderich Child and Family Centre: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
This Centre is located at Goderich Public School, 125 Blake Street West